Resources from Solar on Farmland Webinar (2/12/21)
Implications of Large Solar Installations and Leasing on Farmland
Zoom Webinar: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:00-1:00pm
Utility-scale solar projects have been expanding in NY recently due to the need for additional energy development, changing technology, and changes in policies at the state level. This webinar will discuss some of the implications of solar siting on farmland and how we can support renewable energy development while protecting farmland.
Speakers and Presentations:
- Watch the Webinar Recording
- David Kay (Cornell): Solar Installations & Leasing Implications for Farmland
- Matt Johnson (NYS Tug Hill Commission): Local Govt Regulation of Solar Projects
- Questions and Answers from the Webinar Chat
Please note that all answers provided to questions from the chat represent the best available knowledge of our educators at the time of the webinar, and are not the official positions of Cornell Cooperative Extension or Cornell University, or our collaborators.
Cornell Extension Fact Sheets:
- Challenges of Large-Scale Solar Electric Siting in New York State
- Challenges of Large-scale Solar Electric Siting in New York State: Part II, The Evolving Permitting Process