Cornell Soil Health Assessment Program
- Provides an overview of the concept of soil health.
- Describes soil constraints and soil quality issues common to soils in New York and the Northeast region, especially in vegetable and field crop production systems.
- Provides guidelines on how to conduct in-field qualitative and quantitative soil health assessment.
- Provides a how-to guide for proper soil sampling.
- Provides an overview of laboratory methods used to assess the health status of soil, the soil health report, and their interpretation.
- Identifies management strategies for improving soil health based on measured constraints.
- Provides links to additional soil health and soil management resources.
Courtesy of Department of Horticulture, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University